Jojoba Oil - you don’t have to pronounce it correctly (it's ho-ho-ba) to reap its benefits - what really matters is what it does for your skin. Jojoba Oil is referred to as an “oil” but it is, in fact, a liquid wax. And that makes all the difference.
Ogee's Jojoba Restore Face Oil is made with the highest possible grade of 100% organic Jojoba Oil that is grown and cold pressed on an American farm to assure purity and potency.
Unlike other skincare oils, the wax structure of jojoba oil is very similar to the natural oils of our skin. Which means it not only moisturizes, but absorbs faster than other oils. Jojoba is suitable for all skin types. And its benefits don’t end there—Jojoba Oil is full of nutrients and antioxidants, and also helps tame inflammation, reduce fine lines, control acne breakouts, soothe sunburn, and more.
Jojoba Oil is produced from the seed of the Jojoba plant, a shrubby tree that is native to southern Arizona and California. It likes hot, dry regions, and was used by the Native Americans for its many benefits.
We found the good in Jojoba Oil and now we're sharing it with you. Here’s our top 10 benefits of Jojoba Oil for skin:
1. Super-Hydrating. It is lighter than other face oils and easily absorbed into skin. It deeply penetrates to soothe and soften while providing an excellent moisturizing effect and adding a healthy glow.
2. Long-Lasting Moisturization. It doesn’t evaporate like water-based moisturizers, which is very important when your skin is exposed to the environment. Studies have shown that jojoba oil provides a substantial long-acting, skin hydration effect.
3. Nutritious for Skin. Jojoba is full of nutrients like Vitamin E and B, as well as antioxidants and minerals like chromium, copper, and zinc, which all nourish and protect skin. Organic, cold-pressed, jojoba oil has the highest level of antioxidants and nutrients.
4. Anti–Aging. Because it is the perfect moisturizer, Jojoba can help slow down the appearance of aging, and help to fade fine lines and wrinkles. In dermatological tests, it was shown that jojoba oil increases the skin's suppleness and the effect was still present as time passes. Test also showed continued use of Jojoba oil resulted in reducing superficial facial lines.
5. Non-Acnegenic. Because Jojoba oil is very similar to human skin oils, its use can trick the skin into thinking it has produced enough oil and thus balance oil production, without promoting acne or other skin problems. Jojoba also naturally deters microbes, helping to prevent the growth of bacteria on skin.
6. Easy, Not Greasy. Because Jojoba oil is very similar to our own skin oils, it immediately penetrates skin and smooths easily, helping to promote healthy, glowing skin without clogging pores or leaving a greasy residue.
7. Soothes Sunburn. Jojoba oils hydrating action soothes sunburn and helps reduce the chances of peeling.
8. Gentle & Non-Allergenic. Jojoba oil is recommended for people with sensitive skin (including psoriasis and eczema) because of its gentle nature. Applying Jojoba oil to compromised skin can help reduce flare-ups.
9. Soothes Dry Skin. Jojoba oil has anti-inflammatory properties which help to tame chaffing and chapping, reduce redness caused by drying, ease the effects of eczema and rosacea, and keep skin calm and comfortable. The Vitamin E and B-complex vitamins in the Jojoba oil help in skin repair and damage control.
10. Anti–Microbial. Jojoba oil naturally deters microbes, helping to prevent the growth of bacteria on skin. This property makes it useful for those with acne, and also provides an added wound-healing benefit. Bonus: Jojoba oil acts as a natural preservative.
Once nature's best kept secret, it's now your own. But don't just take our word for it. We’ve added Jojoba oil all to all of our products in our Hydraganics™ line.