A member of the Sunflower family, Edelweiss Flowers (Leontopodium Alpinum) are a rare, strictly protected mountain herbaceous plant. It’s short-lived bloom symbolizes alpinism, rugged beauty, and purity of the Alps, often called ‘The Queen of the Mountain’. The non-toxic floral has been used for centuries as a remedy against abdominal and respiratory diseases in traditional folk medicine.
Growing spontaneously in the high altitudes of the Pyrenees, Alps, and Himalayan mountain ranges, Edelweiss Flowers thrive in rocky limestone habitats above 5,900 feet high. Living at such high altitudes means these plants receive some major sun, wind, cold and general sever weather exposure, which has contributed to their ability to repair and fight free radicals. So, what does this mean for skin? Edelweiss has the ability to protect, regenerate, nurture and heal. It targets the RNA of our skin cells to improve their response to stressors from the environment.
Ogee's high-performance organic Seeds of Youth Serum combines 1% Edelweiss Plant Stem Cells with Hyaluronic Acid, Jojoba Oil, and natural botanicals to reverse the aging process.
Benefits of Edelweiss
Protection Against Free Radical Damage
- Edelweiss leaves are covered with dense white hairs, an adaptation to the high altitudes, that protect the plant from high-intensity ultraviolet rays and the harsh environmental conditions.
- The flowers contain high levels of flavonoids (yellow pigment in plants that attract pollinators) that are rich in antioxidants to protect against environmental stressors.
- A common ingredient used in sunscreens to protect the skin from harmful UV rays.
- High antioxidant potential that protects against skin oxidation to prevent signs of aging.
- Preserves the dermis components (anti-collagenase and anti-hyaluronidase activities), to prevent collagen loss, with firming and restructuring effects.
- Ability to protect against free radicals, with more than twice the antioxidant power of Vitamin C.
- Clinically proven to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles after usage for 20 days.
- Natural anti-inflammatory and cytoprotective properties.
- Clinically proven to increase the skins natural luminosity by 325% after just 40 days.
- Edelweiss plant cells nurture inner glow to promote healthy skin from deep within.
Seeds of Youth Serum
Ogee’s potent anti-aging Seeds of Youth Serum harnesses the power of Edelweiss Flower Plant stem cells that are clinically proven to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in just 20 days. The antioxidant components, 200% stronger than Vitamin C, protect against free radicals, which can damage skin cells. The targeted formula combines the hydrating properties of Hyaluronic Acid and Aloe Leaf Gel to bond moisture within the skin and form a barrier to keep it locked in, while cold-pressed Jojoba Oil ensures a moisture balance over time.